Friday, April 26, 2024

The Palm of His Hand

 


"I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Psalms 16:8"


In my devotion this week I was studying communing with God. During this time of quietness, these words came to me: "Keep your focus on God".

I had to wonder how often during the day do I keep my focus on God. My mind is focused on things I do around the house, errands to run, and family. If you are working outside the home, you have all sorts of things going on around you. I had to confess I wasn't focusing on God during my day.

This quickly reminded me; I miss wonderful opportunities to talk to God and to listen to Him. I am repentant that I have not kept my focus on Him throughout my days. Even when I am busy doing other things, I can still say a quick prayer, or thank Him for an opportunity or a blessing.

When our focus is on Him and not the world, we can have the peace He gives us. We can have calmness because of Him. It is like being in the palm of His hand.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE TO GOD'S PRAYER POWER

Name

Email *

Message *