Friday, December 29, 2023

The Magi's Visit-What To Give?

 "When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route." Mathew 2:10-12

Imagine what Mary and Joseph must have thought when these three Magi came into the stable bringing gifts to their baby.

We can assume they explained they had seen the star in the East and had followed it to the Christ Child. With them they had three gifts: Gold, frankincense and myrrh.

There is a spiritual meaning concerning these three gifts. Gold recognizes Christ kingship, frankincense is a symbol of deity and myrrh a symbol of death.

Mary and Joseph would have pondered these things in their hearts.

I often wonder what is it we could bring to Christ to honor Him. The thought comes to mind that I can give Him my all. Recognizing Him as my Lord and King for now and forever. I can strive each day to put Him first in my life, obey Him, pray and meditate on His words. Surrendering everything to Christ gives me everything!

Blessings and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE TO GOD'S PRAYER POWER

Name

Email *

Message *