Monday, October 2, 2023

Are We Interested In It? Afraid Of It? Or Ignore It?


 "But God commanded His Love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

Even while we were sinners, Christ died for us. That is how much God loved us. Think of all the things we do or have done as humans that we are not supposed to do. Things that are sinful. Even so, He still loves us. He loved us enough to send His only Son to take our place, mine, and yours, on that cross to suffer and die in our place.

That is how much God loves us. He wanted to save us. He wants a relationship with us. He wanted to make sure we had forgiveness for our sins so we could spend eternity with Him. But that was not all. He also wanted us to have a good life, one with joy, peace, and blessings while we are on earth. He wants us to become all He created us to be.

It is hard for our minds to grasp just how much He loves us. We love our families, and we may love them enough to die for them. But would we die for someone who we did not know? That had mistreated us, beat us, spit on us? I will confess I probably could not do that. Oh, I wish I could. I wish I could be more Christ like. It is hard for us humans to understand that much love, unconditional love.

Christ died for us, so we could live. Today, I will be more grateful for what He did. I will also ask Him to help me live for him today and be more Christ like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE TO GOD'S PRAYER POWER

Name

Email *

Message *